Date and Time:
Go to City Council for Sunday Bus Service!-October 18th
Join the Sunday Service Now Coalition and make Sunday Bus Service Happen!!
We're picking up momentum and we hope to have at least some Sunday bus Service in Fort Collins. City Council needs to hear from you!!
We will be holding positive and fun signs in front of City Hall (300 Laporte) on Tuesday, October 18th starting at 5pm. Public comment starts at 6pm. You need not speak. We'll have lapel stickers. Warm bodies are always welcome. Please come for part or all. You'll be outta there by 6:30 at the latest. It's a quick hit and it can make a huge difference!
Where Fort Collins is headin' we need 67.11
I need to get to work on Sunday!
Citywide & 365 Fund Sunday Transfort
Sunday Service Now
· These routes are essential as they extend the reach of transit providing an important source of ridership linking into the MAX service.
· The offer is to have MAX would run at 20 minute frequencies - Hours of service would be 8 AM - 8 PM
· Includes Sunday service on routes 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, HORN operating at Saturday frequencies
· Includes complementary paratransit within ¾ mile of local fixed routes
· The offer should not be scaled back-we need all of these routes on Sunday
· People in our community depend on transit for their daily mobility needs. Currently our transit dependent populations of seniors, disabled and low income individuals have little to no mobility options on Sundays, leaving many stranded in their own homes.
· These are people who want to shop, go to work, visit friends and family, and move about in their own communities.
· Annual ridership is estimated to be 173,722, which has the potential to reduce Greenhouse Gas CO2 emissions by 50,655 pounds per year.
· The demand for Sunday service has been growing and is one of the top requested service enhancements.
· One of the positive economic outcomes of this offer is that it enhances the access to commercial and retail locations on Sunday. Many businesses in Fort Collins see the majority of their customers on Saturdays and Sundays. Providing easy mobility and access to these locations on Sunday will enhance local business and sales tax generation.
· In addition Sunday transit service will enhance the attractiveness of Fort Collins to visitors. Many visitors, particularly those traveling internationally and attending conferences at CSU, would choose to use public transportation if available on Sundays.
· The service could also help to address parking and congestion concerns generated by large events.
This Offer supports the following City of Fort Collins Strategic Objectives:
- NLSH 1.6 - Improve neighborhood parking and traffic issues
- ENV 4.1 - Achieve Climate Action Plan (CAP) goals by reducing greenhouse gases (GHGs)
- TRAN 6.4 - Improve transit availability, grow ridership and address MAX parking concerns
Questions: Contact FCCAN 970.419.8944