Date and Time:
Join the Sunday Service Now Coalition and make Sunday Bus Service Happen!!
City Council needs to hear from you!! You can take quick action and make a difference!!
First, send an email to Mayor Wade Troxell firstname.lastname@example.org and ask him to allow public comment specific to the budget at regular open public comment time. The budget item isn't coming up until about 8pm. Many people who rely on transit and who this affects greatly won't be able to stay for the actual agenda item. Allowing people to speak at general public comment time would expand the democratic process.
Second, write email@example.com and ask them to fund Sunday service. Talking points below.
We will be holding positive and fun signs in front of City Hall (300 Laporte) on Tuesday, November 1st starting at 5pm. It will be fun. The more people who come, the more fun it is! We are hoping to have great music again. Please come!
We'll have lapel stickers to wear inside. Warm bodies are always welcome. Please come for part or all.
· Currently on the table is $750,000 (half of which the city needs to find a funding partners for and $375,000 of city money) to have MAX would run at 20 minute frequencies - Hours of service would be 8 AM - 8 PM
o The service needs to start during the 1st quarter of 2017 even if funding partners are not identified. If the City cannot identify partners by the end of this year, they need to take the additional $375,000 out of general fund reserves
· These routes are essential as they extend the reach of transit providing an important source of ridership linking into the MAX service
· Includes Sunday service on routes 2,8, 14, and 16 operating at Saturday frequencies
· Includes complementary paratransit within ¾ mile of local fixed routes
· People in our community depend on transit for their daily mobility needs. Currently our transit dependent populations of seniors, disabled and low income individuals have little to no mobility options on Sundays, leaving many stranded in their own homes.
· These are people who want to shop, go to work, visit friends and family, and move about in their own communities.
· The demand for Sunday service has been growing and is one of the top requested service enhancements.
· One of the positive economic outcomes of this offer is that it enhances the access to commercial and retail locations on Sunday.
o Many businesses in Fort Collins see the majority of their customers on Saturdays and Sundays.
o Providing easy mobility and access to these locations on Sunday will enhance local business and sales tax generation.
· The service could also help to address parking and congestion concerns generated by large events.
This Offer supports the following City of Fort Collins Strategic Objectives:
- NLSH 1.6 - Improve neighborhood parking and traffic issues
- ENV 4.1 - Achieve Climate Action Plan (CAP) goals by reducing greenhouse gases (GHGs)
- TRAN 6.4 - Improve transit availability, grow ridership and address MAX parking concerns
Questions: Contact FCCAN 970.419.8944